Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Izzy does Disney(land)

"I" is for Izzy!

The ultimate test for any CCI pup turning in to Advanced Training is a theme park. Talk about long days, big crowds, unusual sounds, strange smells, odd little kids, weird vehicles, and "fun" rides!

Izzy had no problems navigating the cargo nets!

Sooo, off we went to Disneyland last Friday. Izzy and I drove from Sacramento to Santa Cruz, picked up Chris and Anthony, then we all drove to LA, spent the night, I went to a meeting in Hawthorne, and we headed off for Anahiem.


While it might look like Izzy did the teacups, this is a fake ~ she did do the Jungle Cruise (didn't care for the gunshot), Pirates of the Caribbean (wasn't her favorite, but there's lots to see down there), and Buzz Lightyear (hopped right up in the seat and enjoyed the ride!). I think the Monorail was her favorite but she sure didn't understand those snakes under the seat in "Honey, I shrunk the Audience"


We checked into our hotel, had lunch and hit the parks. We didn't stop until the park closed Friday night and we were up and at it by 8:00am - early entry into Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

After Anthony and Chris had their picture taken with this guy, Izzy met Buzz Lightyear and didn't even flinch - I was very proud of her!

I can't say enough great things about Disneyland and CCI pups in training. They are well-informed and extremely well-intentioned. Service animals are welcome anywhere in the park and in the hotels. I was never questioned once by an employee and Izzy proved to be the perfect guest. The one trick is finding appropriate places to toilet ~ this takes a very observant team and careful planning, but once you scout out some spots - you're A-OK.

Izzy was one tired girl at the end of the day.

4 comments:

Gerda said...

Wow how much fun you had. you are very brave. I should have come up there but alas, I was too booked up plus I could never keep up with you Izzy. I am wayyyyyyyy toooooo lazy.

I'm off to AT in four days. For our mom's sake I hope I at least make it to first report.

Sniffs and snorts to you all

Your bro

Irish

madz said...

Is Halor pregnant with another litter? With dad Omsi?

Hal's friends and family said...

Halor has been bred and we'll findout if she's pregnant the end of this month. Yes, she was bred to OMSI. If she's pregnant, pups will arrive the end of March.

http://www.horoscopo-diario.com.ar said...

I am in the cubes but I still laughed out loud because Henry makes me so happy! I am sad to think that he may never know how mmuch I loved him... can I be his godmother or something...? just keep mentioning me and one day when we meet up again he will know me! I love the pictures how is he so smiley all the time? He know how to work it for the camera! ha ha! miss you guys!