Sunday, October 12, 2008

OMG! Shocking news (did I say shocking? cuz I really meant SAD!!! news)

We got THE LETTER yesterday - totally unexpected, totally shocked and totally unready were we to hear that Izzy and Inca's turn in date is in February. YIKES!!!! The letter had a reason that didn't make sense (who's surprised), but I'm hearing through the grapevine that NWR has 10 new apprentices that need dogs, so there are some dogs turning in this November who thought they were at least February dogs and Izzy and Inca (don't know about Ikris and Ivan also in NWR) will go in this February. How fast the time goes by when you're languishing and thinking you have until MAY!







OK, so we still have several months until February, but Izzy left yesterday to stay with her BFFs Kerry and Paul in Chico while Dennis and I go on vacation on Thursday (unlike Irish and Bill, she has to stay in the US). Besides that, she still hasn't gone into heat, so there's 3 weeks of possible training that will be wasted between now and then. Yikes, my baby is not ready for this (nor am I).

4 comments:

Gerda said...

I heard rumblings that the same thing might happen down in SWR. I'm not ready to give up Irish even in May let alone February. Quick, send Izzy down here and we'll confuse everyone and say she's been here the whole time and we don't know what they are talking about. Wasn't it just yesterday that the big balls of fluff were having their holiday pictures taken?

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me Ingrid. My humans showed me an old piece of paper that said I may get turned in either February or May. I am really confortable where I am so I'm going to apply for an early "release". About that "heat" business, I'm always in the heat here in Orlando. But my humans keep saying I haven't gone into heat yet - I can't figure out what they mean.

Guess what Izzy. I don't know if you've been keeping track, but our Birthday is only 10 days away! YAHOOOOOOO, I hope to have a big party!

I miss playing with you.

Love,
Ingrid III

Gerda said...

Hey Ingrid,
My old piece of paper is a solid May. I think Izzy is fibbing or there is a mistake. She's too young to go in. Anyways, I'm gearing up for the big birthday too. One year old Woohoo.

Irish

Madison said...

oh no!!! Study hard Izzie and you'll do fantastic!!!