Sunday, August 3, 2008

Baby photos

I could have taken this exact same photo about 30 times since Wednesday night when Izzy came home. She is fascinated by the babies and just stands in the nursery staring at them. She hasn't once tried to go through the door and Hallie has not corrected her but she is just plain amazed that there are babies in the house. I think Izzy had a terrific vacation with Kerry and Paul. I get the feeling she might have been the center of the universe for a few days and really liked it. I know she got to go swimming with her uncle/father/grandfather (Sequoia and Kittredge - fill in the names wherever you think they fit - it's a little confusing in this tight knit family.... )


This is our friend Dailyah and our littlest puppy Marilyn. Marilyn is half the size of her biggest brothers but still a pretty cute little pint-size Golden. Dailyah and I have been friends for a number of years and it was great that she was able to stop in to see the babies. Several years ago, we fostered prison sisters before they went off to jail (Geralee and Galaxy). Geralee is a hearing/facility dog in Santa Rosa and Galaxy is a hearing dog in Virginia. Dailyah graduated with her service dog, Kasten, at the first graduation I attended in November of 1999.

This is Monroe - the turquoise puppy and the lightest in color.



I guess this must be "Wrong-Way Charlie!"




Hallie is the most terrific Mom. If I've said this too many times - well, it's just because she is so good, it makes our job as breeder/caretaker so much easier. She is so patient and gentle with the babies that it amazes me all the time. Today, we had had "one of those mornings" when a couple of somebodies pooped and everybody somehow got involved in the mess. So, everybody got a little bath in the sink. After cleaning the pups and putting them in the stand-by bin, I replaced the fleece in the puppy pen. When I came back from the laundry room - there was Hal - laying in the puppy pen all by herself, as if to say, "OK, I'm ready - bring me my pups!" That's Marilyn again, snuggling with Mom.


This is the sort of thing that entertains me at this stage... the pups are done eating and some are playing, some are sleeping and Hallie just snoozes through it all. That's Martine climbing up Hallie. Mako is behind Hal asleep, and it looks like Molly has tackled somebody int he upper right hand corner.



It's quite a scene when Hallie first lays down - everybody just climbs in and starts fighting for a spot. She's trying to get them to nurse while she stands up but they aren't quite tall enough.

No comments: