Monday, July 28, 2008

The name game

Here's an idea of the difference between the biggest pup (neon pink) and the littlest pup (light pink). He weighs over a pound more than her!

This is one sound asleep pup - Just about everybody's toes have turned all the way black. When the pups are born, their noses and toes are pink. The first to go black are the noses, then the toes slowly follow.


Today, everybody is up on their feet and beginning to see and hear. They respond to us when we walk up to the pen by beginning to look around, sniff, and get up and walk.


Sometimes, they are all spread out - at other times, they are a squirming pile of puppies.
Today, I got our new *tentative* puppy names. These can always change between now and distribution day:
Mason ~ Red male
Molly ~ Blue female (named for Pam K's Golden who recently passed away)
Mallory ~ Purple female
Mako ~ Neon Green male (like the shark - pronounced May-Koe)
Morrison ~ neon pink male, donated name and the only one we didn't submit
Martine ~ brown female named after Halor's mom, (B/C is friend Christine)
Marilyn ~ light pink female - for our mentor Pam's breeder, Marilyn, (mother of our first ADIT Fallon)
Monroe ~ turquoise male - I guess this one just goes with Marilyn!

5 comments:

Coreena said...

I wish I could get one of these little lovelies! I'm applying for a puppy to raise for CCI soon! I love puppy breath!

gdbcoreena.blogspot.com

Coreena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerda said...

I think the names are pretty good considering CCI and their ability to come up with some pretty odd ones.

Anonymous said...

Very neat that one of the pups is named Martine. They are all so cute...

Anonymous said...

Hi! I will be co-raising one of the little girls in this litter, and I can't wait. I have heard so many positive things about everyone involved..(4 and 2 legged!) This will be my 4th CCI puppy. LOL...Pick out one that likes to sleep in her crate for me!