Sunday, May 4, 2008

A little volunteer work on Sunday

Today, we (ha!) volunteered as a timer at the finish line for the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association (WIRA) championships. Our masters rowing team helps out at the big regattas held at our home facility, the Sacramento State Aquatic Center on beautiful Lake Natoma in Gold River, CA. One of us worked a lot harder than the other.

Izzy was pretty curious about the different boats going by - but she did great with all of the cheering, air horns and activity around her. She did get a look at her first geese today - eyeball to eyeball - those things are pretty big.

That is the actual finish line - if you line the plumb line up with the black line on the white rectangle across the lake. The big red buoys are to the left of the finish line - we couldn't get a photo of Izzy with a race going by - I think that could have altered the results!

1 comment:

Gerda said...

Wow what an action packed weekend. Irish has asked if he can take a field trip up to visit you guys since you have all the fun. I told him we would think about it. Its so much fun now that the dogs are older and can go places. They both seem to be on the same track. Fun loving but well behaved. That was quite the pack of labs that showed up at the beach. I need to get Irish swimming. I'm sure he will like it. Perhaps I should try the beach. Irish has been rewarded with extra food also as I was tired of people telling me my dog was too skinny. He is definately enjoying the extra food.