Sunday, December 14, 2008

We really do go to class...


We spent a lot of time working on "stand" this past Saturday. Izzy was not all that proficient because I think I tend to forget about this command. She was pretty good at staying in a "stand" position, once she got there, but somewhat confused about going from sit to stand. I have to admit that saying "let's go" then stopping to practice "auto-sit" just to then be told to "stand" again, does seem like a bit of command overkill to me - so I can just imagine what Izzy thinks.
After some practice, she seemed to be getting it. After that - we moved on to Izzy's absolute favorite command ~ "BACK." Izzy loves "back" so much, that sometimes she adds a little "woof" to her backing. She can back from "heel, " from "side," from "here," and with an "out" ~ all without me moving my feet or adding any of that body English. If CCI dogs could graduate based on their backing ability, I would be feeling pretty smug (well, except maybe for that "woof" at the end).
We're having class at Sac State in the parking garage - a great place if it's raining, a bit cool and definitely a lousy photo location when it's sunny outside.

No comments: