Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ingrid checks in

Hi,

It's me, Ingrid. I just couldn't wait until Monday to tell you how exciting the Puppy Christmas Party was. I could hardly keep from barking! Of course, I was a little disappointed that with all that food there, us puppies didn't get nuttin, not even a frosty paw.

Oh well, getting a gift, playing games; getting my picture taken; seeing my best pal Alanis and the other puppies kind of made up for that..

But it even gets better than that! When we got home, my humans gave me a bath - not that I needed one, in my estimation.

Well, I went through my usual bath routine - you know, climbing, jumping, pushing, splashing, squirming, scratching, falling, fake-choking, moaning, groaning, crying, and pleading.

I actually managed to get out of the tub twice and did my famous violent shaking and rapid spinning act on the bath rugs. But here's the best part. Amazingly, instead of my humans getting frustrated with my antics like they usually do, I heard them say, "boy is this dog A WINNER!!!!"

Imagine that - they are going to give me an award or some kind of prize! In fact, they said on my turn in date they are going to attach a big bright red award (maybe it was spelled w-a-r-n-i-n-g) to my cape or collar. I couldn't read all the big words but I copied what the award says:

"WARNING, BEFORE BATHING INGRID - READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!

~ CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN TO SEE IF YOU ARE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO ENGAGE IN THIS TYPE OF ACTIVITY.

~ DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PERFORM THIS ACTIVITY AT HOME.

~ DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PERFORM THIS ACTIVITY ALONE.

~ DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PERFORM THIS ACTIVITY WITH LESS THAN THREE STRONG HUMANS IN ATTENDANCE.

~ DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PERFORM THIS ACTIVITY ON SLIPPERY SURFACES.

~ DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ACTIVITY IF YOU NEED ANY STRENGTH LEFT TO BATHE ANOTHER CANINE.

~ IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE DOUBLE THE NORMAL AMOUNT OF TOWELS.

~ ALWAYS HAVE A FOURTH HUMAN AVAILABLE IN A SECURE AREA IN THE EVENT IT IS NECESSARY TO DIAL 911.

Disclaimer: Ingrid's Puppy Raisers do not guarantee that the above stated warnings and recommendations are a complete list of the precautions that need to be taken when bathing said canine. The puppy raisers bear no responsibility for any possible unsatisfactory results that occur as a result of attempting or actually performing this bathing activity.

Note from Izzy and Patty: What a bummer that there's no photograph of this fun event!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, there WAS a picture, but it is still in the camera which unfortunately also took a bath - woof, chuckle chuckle

Gerda said...

oh Ingrid, how can you be so crazy during a bath. Swimming I would understand but bath? I do under stand the shake. I like to wait until I in the hallway to do my super duper shake and squeegie (even though its only two steps to the garage) You crack me up. I only hope that someday we can to see each other again.

LA03 said...

Aww, Alanis is from Shawn's litter :)